Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Favorite Giants of My Life

Keep in mind, I'm only 20, so I didn't get to witness many greats. These are just my favorite of MY lifetime.

1st team lineup:
C: Benito Santiago (Watching him throw guys out from his knees was awesome)
1B: Will Clark (My favorite swing in the history of baseball)
2B: Robby Thompson (He was a true Giant)
3B: Matt Williams (If not for the strike, he would have broken the Maris' record)
SS: Rich Aurilia (During his first stint with the Giants, not current Richie)
LF: Barry Bonds (My favorite player of all-time)
CF: Brent Butler (My favorite Giants leadoff hitter ever)
RF: Ellis Burks (Batted .344 in 2000 with the Giants)

2nd team lineup:
C: Kirt Manwaring (The first catcher I really remember growing up)
1B: J.T. Snow (Magic with the glove)
2B: Jeff Kent (As much as a douche as he is now, he was a stud with the Giants)
3B: Bill Mueller (He could really stick)
SS: Royce Clayton (First player that made me want to throw sidearm)
LF: Kevin Mitchell (Him and Clark were dominant)
CF: Daryl Hamilton (Hambone)
RF: Stan Javier (Classic)

SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: Jason Schmidt
SP: Shawn Estes
SP: Kirk Rueter
SP: Russ Ortiz (First stint)

RP: Robb Nen
RP: Rod Beck

Manager: Dusty Baker

No comments: